Senior Front End Developer
Engineering - Toronto
We are seeking proficient developers capable of working across a variety of technologies to guide and help us create the systems and user experience of Properly’s products. These projects must manage complex information scalable and maintainable as we grow and convey a frictionless and engaging experience. Beyond delivery of value for people using our products our senior developers will be leading the evolution of our technical direction.
At Properly, we are on a mission to make real estate customer-centric. We envision a future in which real estate transactions involve dramatically less friction and surprising simplicity and where Properly is the first choice of all Canadians throughout the entire experience of buying, selling and owning a home. Check out our CEO’s note (https://bit.ly/Properlynorms) on the culture we are trying to craft at Properly. Properly is headquartered in Toronto. We have a foundation of experienced operators on our team (Uber, Wealthsimple, Bench, Tophat, Wave, Shopify, Ritual, Blackberry, Bain).
We have raised $160 million in funding from investors like Bain Capital Ventures, Intact Ventures, FJ Labs, Prudence, Golden Ventures, AlleyCorp (Kevin Ryan), Silicon Valley Bank and many prominent angel investors including Mike Katchen (co-founder and CEO of Wealthsimple), Spencer Rascoff (co-founder and former CEO of Zillow), and Eric Wu (co-founder and CEO of Opendoor).
We are a company that values and celebrates diverse experiences and perspectives because they make our team more successful.
What you will do:
- You will be working on both front-end and back-end systems with an emphasis on front-end systems
- We emphasize user-centric features and long-term business goals through team involvement. You will be contributing to our product through Lean UX style product design
- You will participate in the technical design and implement product design iterations and experiments
- You will be a technical contributor in a team with a variety of professionals with expertise in complementary areas. You will bring interest and growing experience with UX technology
- Your team delivers:
- Early, small scope experiments
- Complex and detail-oriented projects
- Incremental fixes to in-market products
- Full implementation responsibilities include design participation, code development, automated test development, deployment, and code maintenance
What we are looking for:
- Team members that want to grow and contribute to our culture at Properly
- Passion for Technology
- Proficiency with one or more modern UX frameworks (React, Angular, etc.)
- Knowledgeable in working with databases (SQL and/or NoSQL)
- Effective participation in problem solving sessions with others: generating ideas, picking and building solutions, monitoring results, and fixing bugs
- Proficiency designing small to medium systems including providing analysis of multiple options and collecting feedback
At Properly, you’ll have:
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Unlimited vacation days and a flexible work day; we care about outcomes over schedule
- Lots of team events and social activities
- Top of market maternal and paternal leave
- Excellent healthcare benefits
- Personal development budget; we support our team members' growth
- Employee discount on Properly’s services