Real-Estate Lead (Licensed Realtor)
Operations - Ottawa
At Properly, we are on a mission to transform the process of buying and selling homes. We envision a future where real estate transactions involve dramatically less stress and surprising simplicity, and where a trusted technology partner helps Canadians navigate the entire experience of buying, selling and owning a home. We harness the power of data science, technology, and human-centred design to provide an exceptional experience to both home buyers and sellers. For home buyers and sellers, we’re reimagining the whole experience from home discovery through mortgage financing and renovations to close.
We are looking for a Real-Estate Lead to guide our in-house brokerage in Ottawa. This role will have a mix of base salary and commission with high earning potential. Properly will provide leads and cover marketing costs, allowing you to focus on your customers. As part of this role, you will work closely with our agents and partners to grow our Ottawa presence.
Properly is headquartered in Toronto (with additional offices in Calgary and Ottawa, and soon to have offices across several other Canadian cities). We have a foundation of experienced operators on our team (Uber, Wealthsimple, McKinsey, Shopify, Borrowell, Blackberry, etc.) and have raised funding from venture investors and angels, including FJ Labs, Prudence, Golden Ventures, iNovia Capital, AlleyCorp (Kevin Ryan) and others. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diverse experiences and perspectives because they make our team more successful. Check out our CEO’s note on the culture we are trying to craft at Properly.
As our Real-Estate Lead, you will:
- List homes on behalf of Properly (the homes that we’ve purchased off-market) and manage interactions with prospective buyers and their agents.
- List homes on behalf of customers who prefer a traditional sale vs. an instant offer from us
- Work with home buyers from start to finish
- Work closely with colleagues across operations, product development, technology, and marketing at Properly to improve the experience of buying and selling homes
- Recruit, motivate and train other Realtors on our team
- Build relationships with partners from other Ottawa brokerages
Education & Training
- Active Ontario real estate license with a strong understanding of RECO and OREB standards
- Familiarity with the Ottawa market
- Driver’s license and car
- Willingness to adapt to your client’s schedule, working various hours as needed, including nights and weekends (for home tours/showings)
Role & Compensation
- This role requires a formal affiliation to Properly Homes Brokerage
- Base salary and sales commission negotiable
This is a customer-facing role at an early-stage company. The ideal candidate is someone who is comfortable with change and willing to roll up their sleeves on any task big or small in order for us to help deliver an incredible home buying and selling experience for our customers.