Customer Development Representative
Sales - Toronto
We are looking for a Customer Development Representative. In this role, you'll earn our customers' trust and help manage their experience from the first touchpoint to close.
- Our Customer Development team is the first impression of Properly that a customer will have; provide a warm, friendly, and confidence-inspiring experience that sets our customers up for success.
- Help promote Properly’s unique value proposition to both prospective sellers and buyers
- Understand customers' needs, answer questions and help customers determine whether Properly will be a good fit for their sale.
- Triage inbound customer requests using our phone system, chat, social media and Properly's Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform. It is essential to ensure that no customer "falls through the cracks."
- Connect with customers through outbound communication like cold calls, texting, and email.
- Identify, qualify, and nurture customer opportunities and then build and manage relationships with those customers throughout their journey of buying and selling
- Execute follow-up communications to cultivate relationships with prospective customers as needed. Flag and escalate any tough questions or scenarios to the manager.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Empathetic: You're a great listener, genuine, and care about our customers who come from all backgrounds and walks of life.
- Friendly: You're a genuine people-person who can talk to anyone, and you're excited about spending a large part of your day communicating with customers
- Entrepreneurial spirit: you’re self-motivated with a strong work ethic, you like to help people find success in their journey with us
- Organized: You have strong time-management skills and are always on top of where you left the last conversation or where a customer is in his/her transaction
- Adaptable: You're a quick learner who thrives in a fast-changing environment and can prioritize tasks in a quick-paced environment where deadlines are important.
- Process-Driven: you enjoy building of process, improving systems, tracking data and pulling reports to help inform our decisions company-wide
What we are looking for:
- Experience working in a role with a sales or customer support focus would be a bonus but is not required
- You're willing to shift your schedule to work some non-conventional hours (a few hours of evening and weekend work each week will be required)
- Experience in real estate is not required, but an interest in it is!
- Selling a home is deeply personal, and one of the most significant transactions most people will make in their lifetime. As a result, high emotional intelligence and the ability to think quickly on your feet is critical to be successful in this role.
At Properly, you'll have:
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Unlimited vacation days and a flexible work day; we care about outcomes over schedule
- Lots of team events and social activities
- Top of market maternal and paternal leave policies
- Excellent healthcare benefits
- Personal development budget; we support our team members' growth
At Properly, we are on a mission to transform the process of buying and selling homes. We envision a future where real estate transactions involve dramatically less stress and surprising simplicity, and where a trusted technology partner helps Canadians navigate the entire experience of buying, selling and owning a home. Check out our CEO’s note on the culture we are trying to craft at Properly.