Customer Development Representative
Sales - Toronto
We are looking for a Customer Development Representative. In this role, you'll earn our customers' trust and help manage their experience from the first touchpoint to close.
At Properly, we are on a mission to make real estate customer-centric. We envision a future in which real estate transactions involve dramatically less friction and surprising simplicity, and where Properly is the first choice of all Canadians throughout the entire experience of buying, selling and owning a home. Check out our CEO’s note on the culture we are trying to craft at Properly. Properly is headquartered in Toronto. We have a foundation of experienced operators on our team (Uber, Wealthsimple, Wave, Ritual, Mozilla, McKinsey, Shopify, Blackberry, etc.) and have raised over $115 million in funding from investors including FJ Labs, Prudence, Golden Ventures, iNovia Capital, AlleyCorp (Kevin Ryan). Silicon Valley Bank and others. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate divers experiences and perspectives because they make our team more successful.
What you will do:
- Our Customer Development team is the first impression of Properly that a customer will have; provide a warm, friendly, and confidence-inspiring experience that sets our customers up for success.
- Help promote Properly’s unique value proposition to both prospective sellers and buyers
- Understand customers' needs, answer questions and help customers determine whether Properly will be a good fit for their sale.
- Triage inbound customer requests using our phone system, chat, social media and Properly's Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform. It is essential to ensure that no customer "falls through the cracks."
- Connect with customers through outbound communication like cold calls, texting, and email.
- Identify, qualify, and nurture customer opportunities and then build and manage relationships with those customers throughout their journey of buying and selling
- Execute follow-up communications to cultivate relationships with prospective customers as needed. Flag and escalate any tough questions or scenarios to the manager.
Skills and Qualifications
- Empathetic: You're a great listener, genuine, and care about our customers who come from all backgrounds and walks of life.
- Friendly: You're a genuine people-person who can talk to anyone, and you're excited about spending a large part of your day communicating with customers
- Entrepreneurial spirit: you’re self-motivated with a strong work ethic, you like to help people find success in their journey with us
- Organized: You have strong time-management skills and are always on top of where you left the last conversation or where a customer is in his/her transaction
- Adaptable: You're a quick learner who thrives in a fast-changing environment and can prioritize tasks in a quick-paced environment where deadlines are important.
- Process-Driven: you enjoy building of process, improving systems, tracking data and pulling reports to help inform our decisions company-wide
What we are looking for:
- Experience working in a role with a sales or customer support focus would be a bonus but is not required
- You're willing to shift your schedule to work some non-conventional hours (a few hours of evening and weekend work each week will be required)
- Experience in real estate is not required, but an interest in it is!
- Selling a home is deeply personal, and one of the most significant transactions most people will make in their lifetime. As a result, high emotional intelligence and the ability to think quickly on your feet is critical to be successful in this role.
At Properly, you'll have:
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Unlimited vacation days
- Lots of team events and social activities
- Top of market maternal and paternal leave
- Excellent healthcare benefits
- Personal development budget; we support our team members' growth
- Employee discount on Properly’s services