Pricing Analyst (Home Valuations)
Operations - Toronto
We are looking for a Pricing Analyst who will support our home pricing and valuation function. You will use Properly-developed tools to complete comparable and market analysis. You will collaborate with Properly’s realtors, operations teams and data scientists to ensure that offers delivered to homeowners are reflective of each property’s current market value. This is an exciting opportunity for someone early in their career.
This role will start in late January 2021
At Properly, we are on a mission to transform the process of buying and selling homes. We envision a future where real estate transactions involve dramatically less stress and surprising simplicity, and where a trusted technology partner helps Canadians navigate the entire experience of buying, selling and owning a home. Check out our CEO’s note on the culture we are trying to craft at Properly.
Properly is headquartered in Toronto (with additional offices in Calgary and Ottawa, and soon to have offices across several other Canadian cities). We have a foundation of experienced operators on our team (Uber, Wealthsimple, Wave, Ritual, Mozilla, McKinsey, Shopify, Borrowell, Blackberry, etc.) and have raised funding from venture investors and angels, including FJ Labs, Prudence, Golden Ventures, iNovia Capital, AlleyCorp (Kevin Ryan) and others. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diverse experiences and perspectives because they make our team more successful.
What you Will Do:
- Value properties for purchase using Properly’s proprietary automated valuation models and other internally-developed pricing tools.
- Coordinate with our sales and real estate teams to ensure valuations are always prepared and delivered to clients on time and with the right context.
- Provide insight and market knowledge to the data science team to consistently improve the accuracy of our automated valuation models.
- Support operations during the resale process in the cases where Properly takes ownership of a property.
- Develop a deep understanding of the residential real estate market in Canada.
What We are Looking For:
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities.
- Detail-oriented and proficient with Excel / Google Sheets.
- Comfortable juggling multiple files and deadlines.
- Interested in growing technology startups.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree; a concentration in an analytical subject such as finance, economics, or accounting considered an asset but not required.
At Properly, You'll Have
- Competitive cash and equity compensation.
- Unlimited vacation days and a flexible work day; we care about outcomes over schedule.
- Lots of team events and social activities.
- Top of market maternal and paternal leave.
- Excellent healthcare benefits.
- Personal development budget; we support our team members' growth.
- Convenient location in downtown Toronto (Although the team is Currently Working Remotely)