Marketing / Graphic Designer (15-20 hours a week contract)
Marketing and Growth - Toronto
Properly is looking for a visual / graphic designer to work with our team. The role will involve solving ambiguous design and layout challenges across both product and marketing consumer touchpoints. Potential project work could span everything from championing the design of new illustrations to communicate the How it Works steps on our website’s homepage, to partnering with the marketing team to iterate on direct response social creative to support a new product launch. An understanding of consumer journey mapping, brand building, and marketing strategy would be valuable in this position. A successful candidate will also demonstrate pragmatism in balancing speed vs. quality, a collaborative approach to design, and a bias for action. In this role you will report to the marketing team, with a dotted line to the design team.
We are looking for a designer to work with us 15 to 20 hours per week focused on:
- Marketing design tasks: Asset production for all marketing channels (Facebook, LinkedIn, display, billboards, email, blog, social, website, print, direct mail etc).
- Product design tasks: Update or maintain brand visual language for customer-facing webpages and in-app experiences.
- Business tasks: Infographic development, slide deck design support, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Demonstrated knowledge of print production and file setup
- A portfolio of previous work showcasing variety and depth of work
- 1-3 years of experience in graphic/marketing design capacity full time or on a freelance/contract basis
What we’re looking for:
- An expert understanding of visual design principles including information architecture, colour, and typography
- Ability to explore wide variety of creative ideas then narrow down on the best solutions
- Experience with adhering to brand guidelines
- Strong collaboration and the ability to give and receive constructive feedback to improve the finished product and design process
- Self-starter attitude, comfortable maintaining multiple tasks and shifting business needs
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced start-up environment
Nice to haves:
- Illustration, photography, web design skills
- Copywriting and brand writing experience
- Experience working in Figma
- Interest and/or previous experience in real estate
Structure of Selection Process
- Properly would like to decide on a contractor to work with by December 2
- Properly intends a start date of December 7 (or as early as possible)
- To make the decision, we would like to receive from interested contractors the following by end of the day November 27th:
- A link to a portfolio of existing work (if not already shared on your website)
- An outline of your process working with teams and researching needs
- An indication of hourly rates
- Confirmation of the weekly time allocation
You can email this to firstname.lastname@example.org
At Properly, we are on a mission to empower Canadians on their journey of homeownership. We envision a future where real estate transactions involve dramatically less stress and surprising simplicity, and where a trusted technology partner helps Canadians navigate the entire experience of buying, selling and owning a home. Check out our CEO’s note on the culture we are trying to craft at Properly.