Business Development Manager (Partnerships)
Sales - Toronto
We are looking for a Business Development Manager (Partnerships) who will be our first dedicated Business Development hire. Reporting to our Head of Sales, this person will be responsible for building and scaling Properly’s partnerships. The Business Development Manager will oversee the full lifecycle of business relationships including strategic planning, prospecting, closing deals, onboarding, training, and ongoing channel management.
At Properly, we are on a mission to transform the process of buying and selling homes. We envision a future where real estate transactions involve dramatically less stress and surprising simplicity, and where a trusted technology partner helps Canadians navigate the entire experience of buying, selling and owning a home. Check out our CEO’s note on the culture we are trying to craft at Properly.
Properly is headquartered in Toronto (with additional offices in Calgary and Ottawa, and soon to have offices across several other Canadian cities). We have a foundation of experienced operators on our team (Uber, Wealthsimple, Wave, Ritual, Mozilla, McKinsey, Shopify, Blackberry, etc.) and have raised funding from venture investors and angels, including FJ Labs, Prudence, Golden Ventures, iNovia Capital, AlleyCorp (Kevin Ryan) and others. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diverse experiences and perspectives because they make our team more successful.
What you Will Do:
- Develop B2B partnerships with complementary firms in the residential real estate space to drive lead generation for Properly
- Identify partnership opportunities in early prospecting phases
- Analyze and forecast the potential scale of partnership opportunities
- Pitch, negotiate, and close deals
- Work cross-functionally (e.g. with marketing, sales, product, operations) to successfully launch partnerships
- Manage an active pipeline of partnerships at various stages of maturity
What We are Looking For:
- Proven track record of generating business leads and closing partnership deals
- Experience managing client relationships
- Ability to build and nurture relationships to drive scaling incremental growth
- Ability to build relationships with and motivate individuals at all levels of a partner organization
- Direct sales experience is a strong asset
- Experience in Canadian real estate markets preferred (e.g. real estate brokerages, mortgage brokerages, builders, developers)
At Properly, You'll Have:
- Competitive cash and equity compensation.
- Unlimited vacation days and a flexible work day; we care about outcomes over schedule.
- Lots of team events and social activities.
- Top of market maternal and paternal leave.
- Excellent healthcare benefits.
- Personal development budget; we support our team members' growth.
- Employee discount on Properly’s services