Sr Marketing Manager, New Channels
Marketing and Growth - Toronto
We are looking for a Senior Marketing Manager, New Channels to join our growing marketing team. In this newly-created role, this person will be responsible for leading all new marketing experimentation, the success of which is critical to deliver against our ambitious growth goals. The role will involve finding new channel opportunities (particularly offline) that drive new client leads at an efficient cost, developing the roadmap for experimentation including sizing each opportunity, pitching ideas to the business, project managing the initiatives, and reporting on results with a focus on leveraging learnings to improve future tests. Potential projects could involve everything from partnering with our media agency to test TV as a direct response channel to project managing a direct mail send including vendor quoting through to copywriting. An understanding and experience in direct response, consumer journey mapping, brand building, and marketing strategy would all be highly valuable in this position. A successful candidate will also demonstrate pragmatism in balancing speed vs. quality, a collaborative approach to project management, and a bias for action. You’ll need to be open-minded, curious, proficient at managing multiple projects at the same time, and bring a growth-hacking mentality to every opportunity. In this role you will report to the VP of Marketing.
At Properly, we are on a mission to make real estate customer-centric. We envision a future in which real estate transactions involve dramatically less friction and surprising simplicity, and where Properly is the first choice of all Canadians throughout the entire experience of buying, selling and owning a home. Check out our CEO’s note on the culture we are trying to craft at Properly.
Properly is headquartered in Toronto. We have a foundation of experienced operators on our team (Uber, Wealthsimple, Wave, Ritual, Mozilla, McKinsey, Shopify, Blackberry, etc.) and have raised over $115 million in funding from investors including FJ Labs, Prudence, Golden Ventures, iNovia Capital, AlleyCorp (Kevin Ryan). Silicon Valley Bank and others. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diverse experiences and perspectives because they make our team more successful.
What you will do:
- Determine prioritization model (effort vs. impact) and innovation roadmap for new channel experimentation (TV, radio, direct mail, OOH, influencers, Pinterest, Twitter, etc.)
- Bring big ideas to the table, obtain buy-in and effectively and efficiently implement ideas at scale.
- Collaborate with agencies and work directly with vendors to source and negotiate plan details and pricing
- Project manage execution of new channel experiments including content creation and cross-functional collaboration with Graphic Design, Copywriting, Operations, Sales and Product as necessary
- Create and own goals and performance metrics for campaigns; monitor regularly to understand effectiveness of strategy and creative, making recommendations for continuous improvement
- Make impact quickly and build a plan to achieve customer lead targets at the 3-month and 6-month mark, including involvement in quarterly targeting setting
- Additional support across brand building initiatives (messaging, positioning) where required
What we are looking for:
- Experience building, executing and scaling direct response marketing activities
- Experience across both traditional and emerging media channels including TV, out-of-home, digital, online video, paid social, direct mail
- Comfort owning creative input, development and execution from concept to completion
- Experience working with external agency and vendor partnerships, including cost and plan negotiation
- Confidence leveraging data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements; proficiency in Excel, Amplitude, SQL all very helpful
- An appetite for experimentation and an openness to failing fast and iterating. An entrepreneurial mindset will be critica, combining the passion of pitching new ideas with the hustle and grit required to bring them to life
- Excellent project management and verbal and written communication skills, and impeccable attention to detail
- Experience working in partnership with brand marketing teams a strong asset
- Bachelor’s degree
- We have no strict years of experience required, but you should have deep experience in a marketing project management role, preferably a startup or other fast-moving, growth-oriented environment
At Properly, You'll Have:
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Unlimited vacation days and a flexible work day; we care about outcomes over schedule
- Lots of team events and social activities
- Top of market maternal and paternal leave
- Excellent healthcare benefits
- Personal development budget; we support our team members' growth
- Employee discount on Properly’s services