Home Valuations Analyst (Pricing Analyst)
Operations - Toronto
We are looking for a Pricing Analyst who will support our home pricing and valuation function. You will use Properly-developed tools to complete comparable and market analysis. You will collaborate with Properly’s realtors, operations teams and data scientists to ensure that the home value assessments that are delivered to customers are reflective of each property’s current market value. This is an exciting opportunity for someone early in their career.
At Properly, we are on a mission to make real estate customer-centric. We envision a future in which real estate transactions involve dramatically less friction and surprising simplicity, and where Properly is the first choice of all Canadians throughout the entire experience of buying, selling and owning a home. Check out our CEO’s note on the culture we are trying to craft at Properly.
Properly is headquartered in Toronto. We have a foundation of experienced operators on our team (Uber, Wealthsimple, Wave, Ritual, Mozilla, Shopify, Blackberry, etc.) and have raised over $115 million in funding from investors including FJ Labs, Prudence, Golden Ventures, iNovia Capital, AlleyCorp (Kevin Ryan), Silicon Valley Bank and others. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diverse experiences and perspectives because they make our team more successful.
What you will do:
- Value properties for purchase using Properly’s proprietary automated valuation models and other internally-developed pricing tools.
- Coordinate with our sales and real estate teams to ensure valuations are always prepared and delivered to clients on time and with the right context.
- Provide insight and market knowledge to the data science team to consistently improve the accuracy of our automated valuation models.
- Support operations during the resale process in the cases where Properly takes ownership of a property.
- Develop a deep understanding of the residential real estate market in Canada.
What we are looking for:
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities.
- Detail-oriented and proficient with Excel / Google Sheets.
- Comfortable juggling multiple files and deadlines.
- Interested in growing technology startups.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree; a concentration in an analytical subject such as finance, economics, or accounting considered an asset but not required.
- You're willing to shift your schedule to work some non-conventional hours (a few hours of evening and weekend work each month will be required)
At Properly, you'll have
- Competitive cash and equity compensation.
- Unlimited vacation days and a flexible work day; we care about outcomes over schedule.
- Lots of team events and social activities.
- Top of market maternal and paternal leave.
- Excellent healthcare benefits.
- Personal development budget; we support our team members' growth.
- Convenient location in downtown Toronto (Although the team is Currently Working Remotely)