People Operations and Talent - Toronto
We are looking for a Senior Recruiter to help Properly grow our team and succeed in our mission to make real estate more customer-centric. You’ll collaborate with Hiring Managers on all matters of hiring strategy (for both technical and non-technical roles), take candidates from intro to offer, build your own robust and creative candidate pipelines and ensure an exceptional candidate experience. This position reports to our Talent Lead.
At Properly, we are on a mission to make real estate customer-centric. We envision a future in which real estate transactions involve dramatically less friction and surprising simplicity and where Properly is the first choice of all Canadians throughout the entire experience of buying, selling and owning a home. Check out our CEO’s note on the culture we are trying to craft at Properly.
Properly is headquartered in Toronto. We have a foundation of experienced operators on our team (Uber, Wealthsimple, Wave, Ritual, Shopify, Blackberry, etc.). We have raised over $115 million in funding from investors, including FJ Labs, Prudence, Golden Ventures, iNovia Capital, AlleyCorp (Kevin Ryan), Silicon Valley Bank and others. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diverse experiences and perspectives because they make our team more successful.
What you will do:
- Imbed inclusion into the hiring process
- Support the recruitment cycle by completing phone screens and being the main point of contact for applicants with a focus on providing exceptional candidate experiences
- Bring forth ideas on building creative sourcing strategies, innovative recruitment solutions, and consistently producing a quality pipeline of potential candidates for open positions across our team.
- Use your curiosity and resourcefulness to understand all roles you work on and be a trusted advisor to our teams and hiring managers.
- Consistently deliver on a delightful, responsive and personalized candidate experience.
- Maintain reports and performance metrics, provide detailed information regarding market conditions, and bring new and innovative ideas forward to improve the way we hire.
What you bring to the table:
- You have 4+ years experience in full life-cycle recruiting (combination of agency and in-house recruiting experience at a startup is a plus)
- You have a demonstrated ability to recruit for all levels of an organization (technical and non-technical) with exposure to hiring from mid-level to senior management positions.
- You have an expert level of knowledge in all full life-cycle recruiting components, including, but not limited to, sourcing, qualifying, networking, wage and salary trends, relationship management, and due diligence.
- You have experience driving recruiting strategy and/or execution of major recruiting initiatives (e.g. employer brand, engineering interviewer training, etc.)
- You have outstanding interpersonal skills and are ready to pitch a product you believe in and brag about the team you work with (and have built!)
- You have proven organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and work well in an environment with competing demands.
- You care deeply about candidate experience; you love to surprise and delight people as they go through the interview process.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and love startups!
At Properly, you'll have:
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Unlimited vacation days and a flexible workday; we care about outcomes over schedule.
- Lots of team events and social activities
- Top of market maternal and paternal leave
- Excellent healthcare benefits
- Personal development budget; we support our team members' growth
- Employee discount on Properly’s services