Senior Product Manager
Product Management - Toronto
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our growing team at Properly. The purpose of this role is to rally a team to discover and deliver world-class software products to Canadians. You will work directly with top-caliber designers and engineers, own team OKRs and a product backlog, and have reign and resources to prioritize your backlog. Initially, you’ll iterate existing products that already have traction, but as we grow together you’ll have opportunities to launch novel products and reach millions of users.
We are looking for someone with T-shaped skills: deep skills in core product practices and shallower (but still useful) skills across a broad range of topics. You’ll have mentorship from the best product people and business leaders in the industry including our advisors and business partners.
We are bringing search and discovery combined with new ways of buying and selling homes into the modern age – and Canadians are taking notice. With usage picking up, we are now looking to elevate our product to the next level.
At Properly, we are on a mission to make real estate customer-centric. We envision a future in which real estate transactions involve dramatically less friction and surprising simplicity and where Properly is the first choice of all Canadians throughout the entire experience of buying, selling and owning a home. Check out our CEO’s note (https://bit.ly/Properlynorms)on the culture we are trying to craft at Properly. Properly is headquartered in Toronto. We have a foundation of experienced operators on our team (Uber, Wealthsimple, Bench, Tophat, Wave, Shopify, Ritual, Blackberry, Bain).
We have raised $160 million in funding from investors like Bain Capital Ventures, Intact Ventures, FJ Labs, Prudence, Golden Ventures, AlleyCorp (Kevin Ryan), Silicon Valley Bank and many prominent angel investors including Mike Katchen (co-founder and CEO of Wealthsimple), Spencer Rascoff (co-founder and former CEO of Zillow), and Eric Wu (co-founder and CEO of Opendoor).
We are a company that values and celebrates diverse experiences and perspectives because they make our team more successful.
The ideal candidate will have experience with:
- Owning team OKRs and a full-stack software product backlog for at least three years
- Uncovering and stack-ranking user pains
- Imagining, building, and iterating better products to solve user problems
- Synthesizing inputs from business stakeholders to achieve both business and user outcomes
- Articulating hypotheses and testing them with software-based experimentation
- Deriving insights from quantitative data, including user segmentation
- Persuasive copywriting
- Crafting user flows, wire framing, and working with a product designer
- Building and testing prototypes
- User researching, including scripting and interviewing
- Testing software before and after deployment
Strictly bonus skills and experience: professional experience in real estate, retention email marketing, SEO, finance, business strategy, product design, technical program management, SQL, data visualization, data science, marketing, and/or business operations
What we are looking for:
- A first principles thinker
- A simplifier
- A concise communicator
- A software person
- An integrative thinker
- A storyteller
- An advocate for the user
At Properly you'll have:
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Unlimited vacation days and a flexible work day; we care about outcomes over schedule
- Team events and social activities
- Top of market maternal and paternal leave
- Attractive healthcare benefits for you and your family starting day one
- Personal development budget; we support our team members' growth
- WFH stipend; in addition to the essentials including monitor, laptop, accessories
- Employee discount on Properly’s services