Intermediate Front End Developer
Engineering - Toronto or Remote
We are seeking proficient user experience developers to guide and help us create the front end software that people experience when working with Properly. The projects you will work on must convey complex information and be a frictionless and engaging experience.
At Properly, we are on a mission to make real estate customer-centric. We envision a future in which real estate transactions involve dramatically less friction and surprising simplicity and where Properly is the first choice of all Canadians throughout the entire experience of buying, selling and owning a home. Check out our CEO’s note (https://bit.ly/Properlynorms) on the culture we are trying to craft at Properly. Properly is headquartered in Toronto. We have a foundation of experienced operators on our team (Uber, Wealthsimple, Bench, Tophat, Wave, Shopify, Ritual, Blackberry, Bain).
We have raised $160 million in funding from investors like Bain Capital Ventures, Intact Ventures, FJ Labs, Prudence, Golden Ventures, AlleyCorp (Kevin Ryan), Silicon Valley Bank and many prominent angel investors including Mike Katchen (co-founder and CEO of Wealthsimple), Spencer Rascoff (co-founder and former CEO of Zillow), and Eric Wu (co-founder and CEO of Opendoor).
We are a company that values and celebrates diverse experiences and perspectives because they make our team more successful.
What you will do:
- You will be working on both front-end and back-end systems with an emphasis on front-end systems
- We emphasize user-centric features and long-term business goals through team involvement. You will be contributing to our product through Lean UX style product design
- You will participate in the technical design and implement product design iterations and experiments
- You will be a technical contributor in a team with a variety of professionals with expertise in complementary areas. You will bring interest and growing experience with UX technology
- Your team delivers:
- Early, small scope experiments
- Complex and detail-oriented projects
- Incremental fixes to in-market products
- Full implementation responsibilities include design participation, code development, automated test development, deployment, and code maintenance
What we're looking for:
- Team members that want to grow and contribute to our culture at Properly
- Experience with one or more modern UX frameworks (React, Angular, etc.)
- Knowledgeable in working with databases (SQL and/or NoSQL)
- Effective participation in problem solving sessions with others: generating ideas, picking and building solutions, monitoring results, and fixing bugs
- Understanding of designing small to medium systems including providing analysis of multiple options and collecting feedback
At Properly, you’ll have:
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Unlimited vacation days and a flexible work day; we care about outcomes over schedule
- Lots of team events and social activities
- Top of market maternal and paternal leave
- Excellent healthcare benefits
- Personal development budget; we support our team members' growth
- Employee discount on Properly’s services