Senior Full-Stack Developer
Engineering - Toronto or Remote
We are seeking proficient developers capable of working across a variety of technologies to guide and help us create the systems and user experience of Properly’s products. These projects must manage complex information scalable and maintainable as we grow and convey a frictionless and engaging experience. Beyond delivery of value for people using our products our senior developers will be leading the evolution of our technical direction.
At Properly, we are on a mission to make real estate customer-centric. We envision a future in which real estate transactions involve dramatically less friction and surprising simplicity and where Properly is the first choice of all Canadians throughout the entire experience of buying, selling and owning a home. Check out our CEO’s note (https://bit.ly/Properlynorms) on the culture we are trying to craft at Properly. Properly is headquartered in Toronto. We have a foundation of experienced operators on our team (Uber, Wealthsimple, Bench, Tophat, Wave, Shopify, Ritual, Blackberry, Bain).
We have raised $160 million in funding from investors like Bain Capital Ventures, Intact Ventures, FJ Labs, Prudence, Golden Ventures, AlleyCorp (Kevin Ryan), Silicon Valley Bank and many prominent angel investors including Mike Katchen (co-founder and CEO of Wealthsimple), Spencer Rascoff (co-founder and former CEO of Zillow), and Eric Wu (co-founder and CEO of Opendoor).
We are a company that values and celebrates diverse experiences and perspectives because they make our team more successful.
What you will do:
- You will be working on both front-end and back-end systems with flexibility to be working on both
- We emphasize user-centric features and long-term business goals through team involvement. You can be part of directing the course of our product through Lean UX style product design
- You will participate in the technical design and implement product design iterations and experiments
- You will be a technical contributor in a team with a variety of professionals with expertise in complementary areas. You will bring experience with a variety of technologies such as UX frameworks, web APIs, and data systems
- Your team delivers:
- Early, small scope experiments
- Complex and detail-oriented projects
- Incremental fixes to in-market products
- Full implementation responsibilities include design participation, code development, automated test development, deployment, and code maintenance
- Contribute to improving the development experience through documentation, process improvements, introduction of new technology when appropriate, and mentoring other developers
What we are looking for:
- Team members that want to grow and contribute to our culture at Properly
- Passion for technology
- Effective participation in problem solving sessions with others: generating ideas, picking and building solutions, monitoring results, and fixing bugs
- Proficiency designing complex systems including providing analysis of multiple options, collecting feedback, and building alignment on designs
At Properly, you’ll have:
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Unlimited vacation days and a flexible work day; we care about outcomes over schedule
- Team events and social activities
- Top of market maternal and paternal leave
- Attractive healthcare benefits for you and your family starting day one
- Personal development budget; we support our team members' growth
- WFH stipend; in addition to the essentials including monitor, laptop, accessories
- Employee discount on Properly’s services