Sales - Toronto
Property is looking for an experienced and strategic leader to drive our sales strategy. In this role, you will lead commercial strategy, including inside sales, outside sales, and revenue operations in a high-performance environment that emphasizes exceptional customer outcomes. Further, you will lead our engagement strategy with licensed real estate agents as we build a new playbook for real estate sales that challenges the status quo. In this role, you will be a member of the senior leadership team at Properly and report to the COO.
At Properly, we are on a mission to make real estate customer-centric. We envision a future in which real estate transactions involve dramatically less friction and surprising simplicity and where Properly is the first choice of all Canadians throughout the entire experience of buying, selling and owning a home. Check out our CEO’s note (https://bit.ly/Properlynorms) on the culture we are trying to craft at Properly. Properly is headquartered in Toronto. We have a foundation of experienced operators on our team (Uber, Wealthsimple, Bench, Tophat, Wave, Shopify, Ritual, Blackberry, Bain).
We have raised $160 million in funding from investors like Bain Capital Ventures, Intact Ventures, FJ Labs, Prudence, Golden Ventures, AlleyCorp (Kevin Ryan), Silicon Valley Bank and many prominent angel investors including Mike Katchen (co-founder and CEO of Wealthsimple), Spencer Rascoff (co-founder and former CEO of Zillow), and Eric Wu (co-founder and CEO of Opendoor).
We are a company that values and celebrates diverse experiences and perspectives because they make our team more successful.
What you will do:
- Attract, lead, and retain a competent sales organization to achieve our measurable growth goals
- Work with our senior leadership team to define and execute the overall company strategy including market expansion, product, brand, and culture
- Take ownership of key real estate agent performance drivers including hiring, onboarding, training, support, and performance management
- Be accountable all sales performance metrics, analysis, and forecasting
- Build and lead by example a culture of trust, performance, and collaboration
- Work with Revenue Operations and other supporting teams to scale our ability to track and provide sales feedback that help improve our understanding of the competitive, customer, and market opportunities
- Play an active role in evangelising our company core values
- Stay up to date with the evolution of the real estate and adjacent market
What we are looking for:
- 10+ years of experience in a fast-paced, high-performing environment, with operational leadership of sales teams
- Proven track record of success in high-growth organizations, ideally a consumer-facing company (e.g., financial services, real estate, insurance, etc.) or a technology company
- Experience designing, building, and managing sales strategies, including the organizational design needed to execute against priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to scale programs and practices. You know what it takes to take a sales organization from 30 to 150+
- An analytical mindset and comfort with financial analysis, scenario planning, and modern cloud-based tools to support sales teams (e.g., Salesforce or Hubspot).
- Experience leading teams and working cross-functionally with marketing, product management/design, and operations.
- Capability to engage with and manage stakeholder relationships ranging from real estate agents to executives and investors
At Properly, you'll have:
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Unlimited vacation days and a flexible work day; we care about outcomes over schedule
- Team events and social activities
- Top of market maternal and paternal leave
- Attractive healthcare benefits for you and your family starting day one
- Personal development budget; we support our team members' growth
- WFH stipend; in addition to the essentials including monitor, laptop, accessories
- Employee discount on Properly’s services