Senior Content Marketing Manager
Marketing and Growth - Toronto
We are looking for a Senior Content Marketing Manager to join our growing team! In this role, you will build Properly’s content strategy - developing our brand voice and visual identity across each channel - and create and deploy assets that establish and foster an organic Properly community, providing resources that support our mission of helping Canadians to achieve their real estate goals without the traditional stress.
Working across disciplines within the marketing team (brand marketing, communications and data PR, partnerships, realtor marketing) and greater cross-functional team (HR and employer brand), they will be a strategic partner in translating campaign ideas into content that works for each social audience. Additionally, they will be responsible for achieving our content SEO goals, building the strategy and assets for the Properly blog that will help us achieve a top-ranking search position for real estate queries.
This role presents an opportunity to define the voice of our brand across multiple consumer touchpoints, and develop the content that will establish us as the definitive destination for real estate content in Canada. Reporting to the Director of Brand, the Senior Content Marketing Manager will build a team of internal and external experts and partners to achieve their objectives.
At Properly, we are on a mission to make real estate customer-centric. We envision a future in which real estate transactions involve dramatically less friction and surprising simplicity and where Properly is the first choice of all Canadians throughout the entire experience of buying, selling and owning a home. Check out our CEO’s note on the culture we are trying to craft at Properly. Properly is headquartered in Toronto. We have a foundation of experienced operators on our team (Uber, Wealthsimple, Bench, Tophat, Wave, Shopify, Ritual, Blackberry, Bain).
We have raised $160 million in funding from investors like Bain Capital Ventures, Intact Ventures, FJ Labs, Prudence, Golden Ventures, AlleyCorp (Kevin Ryan), Silicon Valley Bank and many prominent angel investors including Mike Katchen (co-founder and CEO of Wealthsimple), Spencer Rascoff (co-founder and former CEO of Zillow), and Eric Wu (co-founder and CEO of Opendoor).
We are a company that values and celebrates diverse experiences and perspectives because they make our team more successful.
What you will do:
- Quarterback the development of Properly’s social media approach, leveraging social listening, audience insights and instinct to determine our channel strategy (where we should play) and define our content and voice (what we should post)
- Create and deploy social media creative across all Properly social media handles (currently Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn but potential to extend to new handles like TikTok and Pinterest) to support brand, partnership, PR, realtor and employer/recruitment campaigns
- Develop the process and playbook for social media monitoring across all handles
- In tandem with Product and Engineering, build the content pillar of our SEO strategy, determining the content (i.e. blog articles, video series, affiliate partnerships, calculators/tools) and processes (i.e. key word rankings, blog optimization, backlinking, PR) required to become the top-ranking resource for real estate information in Canada and deliver high-quality organic site traffic to meet objectives across our marketing funnel
- Build and lead a future content marketing team of internal and external resources including a social media specialist, social agency partner, and SEO content contractors
- Be a pivotal member of the brand marketing team, partnering with colleagues on research, insights and positioning work to build the Properly brand into the definitive leader within the Canadian real estate landscape
What we are looking for:
- 4-5 years experience in copywriting, content strategy, content creation, SEO or related experience that demonstrates your strength in writing, translating complex ideas into digestible content, and social media (i.e. copywriting, journalism, communications, influencer marketing)
- Creative excellence: Skilled at writing channel-specific copy, with ability to either create or art direct the visual assets (stills or video) required to support the social calendar; while you don’t need to design it yourself, you do need to have a perspective on what great design looks like and work closely with our creative team to bring it to life
- Out of the box thinker: You can bring imagination and creative thinking to your concepts and executions, capturing our audience’s attention and keeping them engaged
- Media savvy: Be invested in keeping up with developments in news and pop culture so we can quickly respond to a trending story or cultural moment with a clever brand-specific opportunity
- Interest in real estate: While being a real estate expert is not a requirement, the ideal candidate will have both personal interest and understanding of real estate given the need to turn potentially complex real estate concepts into accessible soundbites
- Results driven: While marketing and community engagement metrics are important, we will also look to track traffic and conversion driven by these efforts. You’ll need the ability to set measurable and ambitious goals, constantly focusing your efforts to achieve them. You’ll report on metrics on a regular cadence and leverage insights from past efforts to constantly improve performance.
- Process oriented: In tandem with developing content, you’ll be charged with setting up the content ‘engine’ for Properly, requiring an aptitude for developing scalable processes
- Collaborative: This role will partner deeply with colleagues on and outside the marketing team, serving as a thought partner to bring their campaigns and projects to life across our channels. An openness to feedback and constant improvement is important
- Technical skills: Familiarity with marketing automation and CRM software (i.e. Hubspot), workflow software (i.e. Trello), content management systems (i.e. SugarCRM), and SEO audit tools (i.e. SEMrush, Google Analytics Google Search Console, Ahrefs)
At Properly, you'll have:
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Unlimited vacation days and a flexible work day; we care about outcomes over schedule
- Team events and social activities
- Top of market maternal and paternal leave
- Attractive healthcare benefits for you and your family starting day one
- Personal development budget; we support our team members' growth
- WFH stipend; in addition to the essentials including monitor, laptop, accessories
- Employee discount on Properly’s services