Strategy & Business Operations Manager
Strategy - Toronto
Properly’s Strategy & Business Operations team leads corporate planning, incubates new business initiatives and special projects, and provides strategic support to a wide variety of business functions. As a Strategy & Business Operations Man you’ll work closely with the Strategy & Business Operations team and functional leaders to deliver meaningful and measurable value across the business.
At Properly, we are on a mission to make real estate customer-centric. We envision a future in which real estate transactions involve dramatically less friction and surprising simplicity and where Properly is the first choice of all Canadians throughout the entire experience of buying, selling and owning a home. Check out our CEO’s note (https://bit.ly/Properlynorms) on the culture we are trying to craft at Properly. Properly is headquartered in Toronto. We have a foundation of experienced operators on our team (Uber, Wealthsimple, Bench, Tophat, Wave, Shopify, Ritual, Blackberry, Bain).
We have raised $160 million in funding from investors like Bain Capital Ventures, Intact Ventures, FJ Labs, Prudence, Golden Ventures, AlleyCorp (Kevin Ryan), Silicon Valley Bank and many prominent angel investors including Mike Katchen (co-founder and CEO of Wealthsimple), Spencer Rascoff (co-founder and former CEO of Zillow), and Eric Wu (co-founder and CEO of Opendoor).
We are a company that values and celebrates diverse experiences and perspectives because they make our team more successful.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with the Strategy & Business Operations team and leaders across the business to help solve some of the most complex and ambiguous challenges at Properly
- Facilitate short- and long-term goal setting at the team and company level
- Support cross-functional stakeholders in defining and tracking performance against goals, and identify trends and opportunities for improvement
- Conduct research and analysis on emerging trends, competitive opportunities and threats to inform Properly’s strategic direction and create market intelligence for use within the company
- Identify and evaluate opportunities for growth, and provide analytical and strategic support on planning through to implementation for attractive opportunities (e.g., M&A, partnerships, new business initiatives)
What we are looking for:
- You’re analytical - Your ability to complete analysis and interpret data is exceptional, and you have a high attention to detail. You have experience using SQL and an interest in becoming an expert
- You’re a problem solver - Your experience includes solving ambiguous and complex problems to drive meaningful business impact, sometimes with creative or unconventional solutions
- You’re a strong communicator - You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an aptitude for data-driven storytelling
- You’re collaborative - You have strong interpersonal skills and are comfortable collaborating with a diverse group of stakeholders at different levels of seniority and in different areas of the organization
- You’re adaptable - You’re excited about getting exposure to different areas of the business, and you’re comfortable rolling up your sleeves to get the job done when needed
- You have 1-3 years of experience in a high-performance environment; experience in management consulting, private equity or investment banking preferred
At Properly, you'll have:
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Unlimited vacation days and a flexible work day; we care about outcomes over schedule
- Team events and social activities
- Top of market maternal and paternal leave
- Attractive healthcare benefits for you and your family starting day one
- Personal development budget; we support our team members' growth
- WFH stipend; in addition to the essentials including monitor, laptop, accessories
- Employee discount on Properly’s services