Operations - Toronto
We are looking for a Data Analyst to join our growing revenue operations team. In this role, you will work with the revenue operations team to support our real estate sales, inside sales, marketing, and strategic growth team to drive insights and reporting on business metrics. You will be responsible for effectively reporting on sales and operating metrics, building team and company-wide dashboards, monitoring our expansion efforts, preparing thoughtful analysis on treads, and streamlining our data process. A critical success factor in this role will be the ability to provide efficient data and analytics support to the sales and marketing organizations, and to communicate and work collaboratively with other groups across Properly.
Potential projects could involve everything from supporting our launch efforts across multiple cities, working cross-functionally to develop team and company reporting cadences, thoughtfully extracting insights from the various data sources to determine the effectiveness of team experiments.
An ability to take complex data, synthesis it, and convey it in a way where more people will understand is critical to the role. You’ll need to be curious and thorough in your analysis of data in order to find the insights that others may not see, while having strong communication skills to share and or visualize your findings. In this role you will report to the Revenue Operations Lead.
At Properly, we are on a mission to make real estate customer-centric. We envision a future in which real estate transactions involve dramatically less friction and surprising simplicity and where Properly is the first choice of all Canadians throughout the entire experience of buying, selling and owning a home. Check out our CEO’s note (https://bit.ly/Properlynorms) on the culture we are trying to craft at Properly. Properly is headquartered in Toronto. We have a foundation of experienced operators on our team (Uber, Wealthsimple, Bench, Tophat, Wave, Shopify, Ritual, Blackberry, Bain).
We have raised $160 million in funding from investors like Bain Capital Ventures, Intact Ventures, FJ Labs, Prudence, Golden Ventures, AlleyCorp (Kevin Ryan), Silicon Valley Bank and many prominent angel investors including Mike Katchen (co-founder and CEO of Wealthsimple), Spencer Rascoff (co-founder and former CEO of Zillow), and Eric Wu (co-founder and CEO of Opendoor).
We are a company that values and celebrates diverse experiences and perspectives because they make our team more successful.
What you will do:
- Building data infrastructure needed to enable measurability of our experiments and automate dashboards where needed
- Sales and real estate team reporting and company performance analysis
- Assist with long and short term sales and marketing forecasting
- Present data-driven insights to colleagues across several departments, along with recommendations on how to improve execution in the future
- Assist in identifying and sourcing research/data partners needed to implement any reporting or data infrastructure recommendations
- Work with data engineers to ensure that revenue operations team has any necessary data integrations
- Ensure data sources remain clean and organized for efficient and trustworthy reporting
- Creating scripts/queries to automate report generation
- Understand system and data inconsistencies in order to help implement data enrichment processes
What we are looking for:
- Experience in building and refining dashboards and queries
- Ability to lead company-wide and team reporting efforts and use data visualization tools
- Familiarity with data types across sales and marketing funnels and the ability to manipulate data to spot trends
- Proficiency in Excel, SQL, and BI tools; Python knowledge is a bonus
- An appetite for experimentation and an openness to failing fast and iterating. An entrepreneurial mindset will be critical, combining the passion of pitching new ideas with the hustle and grit required to bring them to life
- Excellent project management and verbal and written communication skills, and impeccable attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree
- We have no strict years of experience required, but you should have deep experience in an Analyst role, preferably a startup or other fast-moving, growth-oriented environment
At Properly, you'll have:
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Unlimited vacation days and a flexible work day; we care about outcomes over schedule
- Team events and social activities
- Top of market maternal and paternal leave
- Attractive healthcare benefits for you and your family starting day one
- Personal development budget; we support our team members' growth
- WFH stipend; in addition to the essentials including monitor, laptop, accessories
- Employee discount on Properly’s services