Engineering - Toronto or Remote
If you are excited to create a great environment for the people who design, build, and operate software our Engineering Manager role could let you make a big impact on technology and real estate. The biggest indicator of success in the engineering manager role at Properly, is to enable and amplify the success of the team that you are supporting and leading.
At Properly, we are on a mission to make real estate customer-centric. We envision a future in which real estate transactions involve dramatically less friction and surprising simplicity and where Properly is the first choice of all Canadians throughout the entire experience of buying, selling and owning a home. Check out our CEO’s note (https://bit.ly/Properlynorms) on the culture we are trying to craft at Properly. Properly is headquartered in Toronto. We have a foundation of experienced operators on our team (Uber, Wealthsimple, Bench, Tophat, Wave, Shopify, Ritual, Blackberry, Bain).
We have raised $160 million in funding from investors like Bain Capital Ventures, Intact Ventures, FJ Labs, Prudence, Golden Ventures, AlleyCorp (Kevin Ryan), Silicon Valley Bank and many prominent angel investors including Mike Katchen (co-founder and CEO of Wealthsimple), Spencer Rascoff (co-founder and former CEO of Zillow), and Eric Wu (co-founder and CEO of Opendoor).
We are a company that values and celebrates diverse experiences and perspectives because they make our team more successful.
What you will do:
- Enable your team to release high quality software effectively in frequent and small releases
- Work closely with product and design partners to have a team wide shared understanding of the priorities whether focused on learning and iteration or on impact and scaling. Connect that prioritization to a technical strategy for the team
- Grow team members and create an engaging environment to practice the development craft. Individually support with coaching and growth plans, and support the team with retros, experiments with process, and project opportunities
- Facilitate great technical decisions in a fast moving and sometimes rapidly changing environment
What we are looking for:
- An experienced lead who’s comfortable owning hiring within their team
- Experience fostering growth and improvement within engineering teams
- Ability to understand and focus on the team environment as the path to great work and productive delivery
- Demonstration of a systems first approach when planning or revising team activities
- Experience instilling a connection to the users, the product, and the business in the work your team does
- A get-things-done attitude
At Properly, you’ll have:
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Unlimited vacation days and a flexible work day; we care about outcomes over schedule
- Team events and social activities
- Top of market maternal and paternal leave
- Attractive healthcare benefits for you and your family starting day one
- Personal development budget; we support our team members' growth
- WFH stipend; in addition to the essentials including monitor, laptop, accessories
- Employee discount on Properly’s services