Senior Product Designer
Product Design and User Experience - Toronto
We're looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer to join our design team. As part of a small group, this is an opportunity to influence and elevate our design practices. More importantly, you’ll play a role in how Canadians experience real estate – from discovering homes online, to touring in person, to closing an offer. You’ll spend time reimagining the future, researching with users, and experimenting with product managers and engineers.
Our Activations Team empowers our customers with the information they need to build a connection with Properly, engage with our real estate agents, and start touring homes in person. Our ambition is to make our customers’ “first dates” with agents truly magical and different from any other real estate experience.
At Properly, we are on a mission to make real estate customer-centric. We envision a future in which real estate transactions involve dramatically less friction and surprising simplicity and where Properly is the first choice of all Canadians throughout the entire experience of buying, selling and owning a home. Check out our CEO’s note (https://bit.ly/Properlynorms) on the culture we are trying to craft at Properly. Properly is headquartered in Toronto. We have a foundation of experienced operators on our team (Uber, Wealthsimple, Bench, Tophat, Wave, Shopify, Ritual, Blackberry, Bain).
We have raised $160 million in funding from investors like Bain Capital Ventures, Intact Ventures, FJ Labs, Prudence, Golden Ventures, AlleyCorp (Kevin Ryan), Silicon Valley Bank and many prominent angel investors including Mike Katchen (co-founder and CEO of Wealthsimple), Spencer Rascoff (co-founder and former CEO of Zillow), and Eric Wu (co-founder and CEO of Opendoor).
We are a company that values and celebrates diverse experiences and perspectives because they make our team more successful.
What you will do:
- Own full-stack product design for a key area of the Properly user journey that bridges the online and physical worlds
- Design user-centered experiences across our digital and offline customer touch points, with the purpose of increasing customer activation in our funnel (i.e. from website visit to touring a home)
- Own and champion the evolution of internal tools, that empower our operations team to prepare the most accurate home valuations for our customers
- Work closely with your delivery team (product, engineering) to take new features from ideation, to prototyping, to user testing, to production
- Collaborate with our marketing, sales, and realtor teams on ‘in-product’ and ‘out-of-product’ content strategy to help customers understand and evaluate Properly
- Participate in or lead feedback and ideation sessions where you’ll seek out specific feedback on your designs, design frameworks, our products, and the company in general
- Evangelize best design practices to other designers, engineers, and product managers
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of end-to-end design experience, from research and problem discovery through to detailed interaction and visual design
- Proven track record in setting a vision for great customer experiences, inspiring others to get behind the vision, and ultimately delivering products and services that are known for their delightful experience and ease of use
- Experience with system-design, developing journey maps and service blueprints to identify “low points” (both online and offline), and creating design solutions addressing those issues
- Ability to communicate a strong point of view, backed up by personal expertise, design rationale, customer data, and industry trends
- Experience working in a collaborative environment with engineers, user researchers, and product teams
- Experience participating in and facilitating design research, design sprints & ideation sessions
- Experience in creating, working from and contributing to established design systems/design language
- Self-starter attitude, comfortable maintaining multiple tasks and shifting business needs
Nice to haves:
- Experience with motion design, data visualization, or conversion techniques
- Experience using various analytics platforms and conducting analytical research
- Interest and/or previous experience in real estate
At Properly, you'll have:
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Unlimited vacation days and a flexible work day; we care about outcomes over schedule
- Team events and social activities
- Top of market maternal and paternal leave
- Attractive healthcare benefits for you and your family starting day one
- Personal development budget; we support our team members' growth
- WFH stipend; in addition to the essentials including monitor, laptop, accessories
- Employee discount on Properly’s services