Senior Product Lead, Data & Infrastructure
Product Management - Toronto or Remote
Properly is looking for a Senior Product Lead, Data & Infrastructure. This person will lead a cross functional team to define and evolve our data and technical infrastructure strategy. This person will also create and maintain a roadmap focused on developing key systems for data capture and management, while ensuring our software architecture is highly available and scalable. You will own the data environment for customer experiences and decision making across the company. The mission of this role is to harness the power of Properly’s data, establishing Properly as a critical place for Canadian homebuyers to start, find and ultimately purchase their next home. This role will help drive multiple initiatives, including productionizing data and insights (building a world-class reporting suite built on a best-in-class data platform), measuring what matters (building the right instrumentation), and building relationships with internal partners and customers.
This role sits at the intersection of Product Management, Analytics, Engineering, Data Science and Business Intelligence. Successful candidates will typically have diverse experiences across these functions. This skillset can bridge the gap across various teams and translate business requirements into data lake, analytics platform and insights platform requirements.
At Properly, we are on a mission to make real estate customer-centric. We envision a future in which real estate transactions involve dramatically less friction and surprising simplicity and where Properly is the first choice of all Canadians throughout the entire experience of buying, selling and owning a home. Check out our CEO’s note (https://bit.ly/Properlynorms) on the culture we are trying to craft at Properly. Properly is headquartered in Toronto. We have a foundation of experienced operators on our team (Uber, Wealthsimple, Bench, Tophat, Wave, Shopify, Ritual, Blackberry, Bain).
We have raised $160 million in funding from investors like Bain Capital Ventures, Intact Ventures, FJ Labs, Prudence, Golden Ventures, AlleyCorp (Kevin Ryan), Silicon Valley Bank and many prominent angel investors including Mike Katchen (co-founder and CEO of Wealthsimple), Spencer Rascoff (co-founder and former CEO of Zillow), and Eric Wu (co-founder and CEO of Opendoor).
We are a company that values and celebrates diverse experiences and perspectives because they make our team more successful.
What you will do:
- Translate world-class data architecture into consistent and predictable experiences across multiple teams
- Develop and grow the Properly Data Platform suite of features for friction-free data modelling, importing, and exporting by data-oriented information workers
- Partner closely with engineering managers, software engineers, data engineers, and data science in building first-class platform services features
- Engage with customers and internal preview users, and triage, prioritize, and address customer/stakeholder feedback for your area
- Regularly present new product plans, demos, competitive reviews, and more to the leadership team
- Work with cross-group dependencies and risks to deliver mission-critical software projects that impact multiple engineering teams
- Effectively work with both internal and external partnerships on programs from concept-to-delivery to ensure that products and roadmap priorities meet customer expectations and needs
- Enable data-driven analyses to continuously maintain a pulse on performance and the state of the business
- Lead and influence the data strategies across all product teams
- Drive multiple high-impact and complex products by building roadmaps, defining and analyzing requirements, and executing integrated plans across multiple teams
- Develop a/b testing plan with analytics where appropriate
What we are looking for:
- Significant experience leading cross-functional teams in technical product development
- Proven track record of delivering large-scale data processing and data analytics tools, including data processing pipelines, large-scale and high-throughput backend services, and/or user-facing applications that use those services
- Experience with analytical tools (such as Looker, Amplitude or others) and techniques for data analysis
- Passionate about delivering the best user experience to internal users by actively surveying user needs and translating requirements into a feature roadmap
- Ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, make recommendations and drive actions
- Self-motivated, independent, and proactive; demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities; can quickly (real-time) triage, prioritize, and lead high velocity cross-functional teams
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities, written and verbal
- Innate drive to improve how things work, ability to drive improvements for team quality, performance, agility, or efficiency
At Properly, you’ll have:
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Unlimited vacation days and a flexible work day; we care about outcomes over schedule
- Team events and social activities
- Top of market maternal and paternal leave
- Attractive healthcare benefits for you and your family starting day one
- Personal development budget; we support our team members' growth
- WFH stipend; in addition to the essentials including monitor, laptop, accessories
- Employee discount on Properly’s services