People Operations and Talent - Toronto
Properly is looking for an experienced, proactive, and strategic Workplace Manager to support our workforce as we continue to scale and grow Canada wide.
The Workplace Manager will help to shape our virtual and physical employee experience as Properly continues to work in a hybrid way. This person will help to design, implement and execute on the ideal employee experience here at Properly, and partner with internal and external teams to bring to life our virtual and physical office environment. The Workplace Manager will lead the operations of our facilities to ensure we’re creating the best employee experience possible.
This role is right for you if you are a self-starter, an effective partner and results-driven. In this role, you will be a member of our People team, report into the VP, People (Senior HR Lead in the interim), and be located in our Toronto office. While the majority of our workforce will be hybrid, we expect that the incumbent in this role will likely be in office most of the time (especially as we move into our new office space).
At Properly, we are on a mission to make real estate customer-centric. We envision a future in which real estate transactions involve dramatically less friction and surprising simplicity and where Properly is the first choice of all Canadians throughout the entire experience of buying, selling and owning a home. Check out our CEO’s note (https://bit.ly/Properlynorms) on the culture we are trying to craft at Properly. Properly is headquartered in Toronto. We have a foundation of experienced operators on our team (Uber, Wealthsimple, Bench, Tophat, Wave, Shopify, Ritual, Blackberry, Bain).
We have raised $160 million in funding from investors like Bain Capital Ventures, Intact Ventures, FJ Labs, Prudence, Golden Ventures, AlleyCorp (Kevin Ryan), Silicon Valley Bank and many prominent angel investors including Mike Katchen (co-founder and CEO of Wealthsimple), Spencer Rascoff (co-founder and former CEO of Zillow), and Eric Wu (co-founder and CEO of Opendoor).
We are a company that values and celebrates diverse experiences and perspectives because they make our team more successful.
What you will do:
- Determine what is needed to support a robust hybrid work approach, and implement the solutions needed to supplement and support virtual as well as in-office work
- Support our employees that work virtually by determining what is needed to replicate the Properly in-office experience at home (e.g. coordination of swag, equipment, technology for virtual employee experience, etc.)
- Manage the daily operations of our growing facility base (e.g. janitorial services, temperature, air flow, office inventory / supplies, capacity and space planning, food and drink supply, in-office event coordination, etc.)
- Help coordinate the use of our office space (e.g. help employees, agents and customers navigate the space, coordinate meeting rooms as needed, support AV / tech, etc.)
- Be the “face of Properly” for the Toronto office, and help visiting clients, agents and employees with their office needs
- Manage our COVID-19 and health and safety practices when in office (e.g. vaccination tracking, confirmation of vaccination, development of screening protocols, etc.) and ensure all building protocols are met and followed
- Support the planning and execution of Properly events - both physical and virtual (e.g. Leadership meetings, social gatherings, etc.)
- Own the strategic management and build of our office (e.g. design, move coordination, implementation of office procedures)
- Source and partner with external vendors (including RFPs if needed, managing service agreements, purchase orders, etc.) to bring to life our intended virtual and in-office experience
What we are looking for:
- Experience in virtual office management as well as physical office management
- Experience in event planning
- Experience supporting remote employee experiences
- Experience in facilities management, property management, or equivalent
- Experience developing and managing budgets and contracts
- Experience managing real-estate projects and moves
- Someone who is resourceful and creative, who can think of solutions to help existing problems and minimize future issues
- A proactive, self-starter, who isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and be solutions oriented
- An extremely organized individual, who can take on multiple asks, requests and projects and deliver
- Someone who can effectively partner with employees and leaders of all levels, and isn’t afraid to recommend and implement solutions
- Experience with scale-ups or managing scale-up offices in the past
- An understanding of how offices can technologically be set up (e.g. wifi, routers, breakers, etc.)
At Properly, you'll have:
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Unlimited vacation days and a flexible work day; we care about outcomes over schedule
- Team events and social activities
- Top of market maternal and paternal leave
- Attractive healthcare benefits for you and your family starting day one
- Personal development budget; we support our team members' growth
- WFH stipend; in addition to the essentials including monitor, laptop, accessories
- Employee discount on Properly’s services