CRM Marketing Manager, Product Engagement
Marketing and Growth - Toronto
At Properly, we’re on a mission to make real estate customer-centric. One of the key ways we’re looking to achieve this mission is by enabling easier access to better real estate information through our home valuation (Properly Instant Estimate) and home search (Properly Home Search) products. Our audience of product users is growing, and we want to ensure their experience feels personalized to their needs, valuable, and unique to Properly, so they’ll return to our products again and again.
That’s where you come in! As the CRM Marketing Manager, Product Engagement, reporting to the CRM Marketing Manager, Activations, you will strategize and implement personalized and scalable initiatives with the goal of keeping product users engaged and returning to Properly products.
Your responsibilities will include identifying priority user segments to target and when to target them, creating relevant and personalized content, incorporating product data into communications, deploying ad-hoc and automated campaigns and experiments, and analyzing impact. You’ll work across email, notifications, and SMS, with additional channels on the roadmap. You’ll also work closely with our Product Development teams to plan and deliver integrated messaging and a cohesive user experience.
At Properly, we are on a mission to make real estate customer-centric. We envision a future in which real estate transactions involve dramatically less friction and surprising simplicity and where Properly is the first choice of all Canadians throughout the entire experience of buying, selling and owning a home. Check out our CEO’s note (https://bit.ly/Properlynorms) on the culture we are trying to craft at Properly. Properly is headquartered in Toronto. We have a foundation of experienced operators on our team (Uber, Wealthsimple, Bench, Tophat, Wave, Shopify, Ritual, Blackberry, Bain).
We have raised $160 million in funding from investors like Bain Capital Ventures, Intact Ventures, FJ Labs, Prudence, Golden Ventures, AlleyCorp (Kevin Ryan), Silicon Valley Bank and many prominent angel investors including Mike Katchen (co-founder and CEO of Wealthsimple), Spencer Rascoff (co-founder and former CEO of Zillow), and Eric Wu (co-founder and CEO of Opendoor).
We are a company that values and celebrates diverse experiences and perspectives because they make our team more successful.
What you will do:
- Create a cross-channel strategy for using CRM to engage and retain product users (users of Properly Home Search and Properly Instant Estimate), including tactics and KPIs, guided by the overall CRM strategy; Gain stakeholder alignment on the strategy and regularly evaluate and share progress
- Plan, develop, execute, and optimize campaigns and experiments (automated and ad-hoc) focused on keeping product users engaged and returning to our products
- Leverage data and audience insights to determine the right audience members to target, with what message, and when (right message, right user, right time)
- Represent CRM on a cross-functional team determining and driving towards Properly’s ideal product user experience
- Collaborate with other cross-functional team members including CRM MMs, Marketing, Design, Product, Engineering, and Data Science to create a cohesive and impactful user experience
- Own an experimentation backlog, prioritized by expected impact, and work with product, development, and design teams to secure resources as necessary and execute
- Determine communication copy (w/ support from copywriter) and design (w/ support from design team and playbooks/templates)
- Evaluate the effectiveness of CRM campaigns and experiments to determine what to continue, scale, optimize, or halt; share impact with the broader team; use learnings to determine next campaigns to tackle
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years of CRM/Lifecycle marketing experience for a B2C company
- Experience using Email/Notifications/SMS to effectively engage and retain users
- Experience with Email/Notification/SMS platforms (ideally multiple; experience with Iterable (or similar, e.g. Braze, Marketo, Salesforce Marketing Cloud) and Twilio an asset) and segmentation tools (built into platforms or external tools like Segment, mParticle)
- Experience writing copy for Email/Notifications/SMS
- Exceptional communication skills: Capable of distilling complex ideas and translating concepts appropriately for the audience; Capable of persuading and inspiring others
- Experimental mindset: Experience using data and external inspiration to identify potential opportunities and project their impact; A preference for validating a hypothesis through a quick test rather than conducting extensive research, and iterating based on results
- Customer centricity: A customer-focused mindset, with the desire to gain a deep understanding of customer needs, and experience building long-term customer relationships
- Strong analytical skills: Knack for identifying the most important metrics to track and target against, mapping out and analyzing funnels, sizing opportunities, and thinking through segmentation
- Results-orientation: Proven ability to move key metrics, make a positive impact on the customer experience, and improve business performance
- Strong project management and planning skills: Ability to create and lead the execution of plans with multiple stages and stakeholders; comfort managing project ambiguity, complexity, and interdependencies in an organized and structured way
- Flawless execution: High standards for what gets delivered to customers and how brands are represented; Able to determine which details are worth sweating to achieve the best end result, on time
At Properly, you’ll have:
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Unlimited vacation days and a flexible work day; we care about outcomes over schedule
- Team events and social activities
- Top of market maternal and paternal leave
- Attractive healthcare benefits for you and your family starting day one
- Personal development budget; we support our team members' growth
- WFH stipend; in addition to the essentials including monitor, laptop, accessories
- Employee discount on Properly’s services