Product Management - Toronto or Remote
Properly is looking for an enthusiastic and data-driven SEO Specialist to join its growth-focused team to help drive execution and analysis for organic search engine optimization efforts for Properly. As a member of Properly’s product team, you will be responsible for helping execute Properly’s SEO growth in a fast-paced, data-driven environment.
At Properly, you will be able to execute the foundation for SEO efforts like nowhere else. A successful candidate will be an advocate for SEO best practices and well-versed in what it takes to optimize content on a multi-thousand, high-traffic website for search engine discoverability. This role requires a proven track record of optimizing product pages for organic search, analytical skills to develop tactics grounded in data, and interpersonal and project management skills to harness the passion and energy of teams across Properly to deliver for our customers.
At Properly, we are on a mission to make real estate customer-centric. We envision a future in which real estate transactions involve dramatically less friction and surprising simplicity and where Properly is the first choice of all Canadians throughout the entire experience of buying, selling and owning a home. Check out our CEO’s note (https://bit.ly/Properlynorms) on the culture we are trying to craft at Properly. Properly is headquartered in Toronto. We have a foundation of experienced operators on our team (Uber, Wealthsimple, Bench, Tophat, Wave, Shopify, Ritual, Blackberry, Bain).
We have raised $160 million in funding from investors like Bain Capital Ventures, Intact Ventures, FJ Labs, Prudence, Golden Ventures, AlleyCorp (Kevin Ryan), Silicon Valley Bank and many prominent angel investors including Mike Katchen (co-founder and CEO of Wealthsimple), Spencer Rascoff (co-founder and former CEO of Zillow), and Eric Wu (co-founder and CEO of Opendoor).
We are a company that values and celebrates diverse experiences and perspectives because they make our team more successful.
What you will do:
- Identify and execute on new opportunities for improving organic search rankings and traffic
- Analyze our website's performance with Google Analytics, PageSpeed Insights, SEMRush, Ahrefs and other tools
- Identify and implement technical improvements to the website either directly or in collaboration with our front end developer for higher level of effort projects
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to transform your keyword research into content production projects
- Help to develop a set of SEO KPIs for consistent and comprehensive performance management
- Create & monitor a system for website redirects, canonical tags, and other technical, administrative, and error related issues that may prevent optimal performance and address them as needed
- Regularly perform thorough keywords research and analysis to inform our strategy and identify opportunities
- Track impact of SEO and content projects to ensure SEO milestones and goals are met and provide recurring progress reports to relevant teams
- Troubleshooting challenges like organic traffic declines, search console errors, and other SEO risks as they surface
- Partner with our analytics teams to build out our system of reporting and analyzing organic traffic, site health, rankings, Googlebot crawls, and backlinks to monitor performance and identify areas of opportunity
- Perform full SEO audits and analysis (site architecture & performance, content, backlinks, etc) and provide recommendations to improve rankings
What we are looking for:
- Proven track record of SEO & organic growth success in-house at a high growth direct response B2C start-up (Proptech or Fintech is a plus)
- Experience building high-performing SEO sites from scratch, and scaling them over time
- Significant experience in SEO, including technical SEO, local SEO and product-led SEO
- Experience working with Product, Engineering and Marketing teams on SEO strategy and implementation
- Experience managing or bringing content strategies to life that drive results for the company
- You have a technical understanding of how to effectively optimize your content for Search (i.e. indexability, meta tags, on-page performance, optimizing for rich/featured snippets, and more)
- Highly analytical approach to driving digital customer acquisition
- Familiarity with relevant SEO, experimentation and web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Segment, Amplitude, SEMRush, Ahrefs, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize, prioritize and drive results with a high sense of urgency
- Self-motivated, independent, and proactive; demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities; can quickly (real-time) triage, prioritize, and partner across high velocity cross-functional teams
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities, written and verbal
- Innate drive to improve how things work, ability to drive improvements for team quality, performance, agility, or efficiency
At Properly, you'll have:
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Unlimited vacation days and a flexible work day; we care about outcomes over schedule
- Team events and social activities
- Top of market maternal and paternal leave
- Attractive healthcare benefits for you and your family starting day one
- Personal development budget; we support our team members' growth
- WFH stipend; in addition to the essentials including monitor, laptop, accessories
- Employee discount on Properly’s services