Senior Product Manager (Contract to Hire)
Product - Toronto or Remote
Properly is a mission-driven company dedicated to empowering Canadians with the freedom to move without stress and insecurity. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. As a Senior Product Manager at Properly, you will have the opportunity to utilize your multi-disciplinary knowledge, experience, and creativity to develop solutions to real estate with the goal of maximizing our customers ability to find their next home. The products you build will have a national user base, spanning across multiple organizations that play a critical role in the experience we deliver to customers. You will help define the product roadmap, serve as the voice of the customer, and champion your products across Properly.
This role sits at the intersection of Product Management, Engineering, Agent Partners and Marketing. Successful candidates will typically have diverse experiences across these functions. Success in the role requires operating effectively at both the strategic and tactical levels to ensure we build and maintain a platform that is secure, easy to use, easy to maintain, reliable and delivers the data and tools needed to support our partner and customer experiences.
At Properly, we are on a mission to make real estate customer-centric. We envision a future in which real estate transactions involve dramatically less friction and surprising simplicity and where Properly is the first choice of all Canadians throughout the entire experience of buying, selling and owning a home. Check out our CEO’s note (https://bit.ly/Properlynorms) on the culture we are trying to craft at Properly. Properly is headquartered in Toronto. We have a foundation of experienced operators on our team (Uber, Wealthsimple, Bench, Tophat, Wave, Shopify, Ritual, Blackberry, Bain).
We have raised $160 million in funding from investors like Bain Capital Ventures, Intact Ventures, FJ Labs, Prudence, Golden Ventures, AlleyCorp (Kevin Ryan), Silicon Valley Bank and many prominent angel investors including Mike Katchen (co-founder and CEO of Wealthsimple), Spencer Rascoff (co-founder and former CEO of Zillow), and Eric Wu (co-founder and CEO of Opendoor).
Recently, Drew & Jonathan Scott, as seen on the Property Brothers, have also joined Properly as both partners and investors. (https://bit.ly/TheScottBrothers)
We are a company that values and celebrates diverse experiences and perspectives because they make our team more successful. If some of the below doesn’t line up perfectly with your experiences, however this role really speaks to you or you feel like you strongly demonstrate our cultural norms, we definitely want to hear from you!
What you will do:
- Talk to customers and internal stakeholders to uncover customer needs and gaps in positioning
- Own delivery of relevant product initiatives and releases internally and externally
- Define, document, and communicate objectives, requirements, and constraints for product initiatives and releases
- Collaborate with engineers and designers to deliver products
- Communicate development status and document progress toward milestones to internal stakeholders
- Prioritize and sequence product initiatives against company goals
- Assess and validate product priorities to assist setting the strategic direction
- Identify key success metrics, analyze the results of product changes, and communicate results and next steps to cross-functional team members
- Analyze and review product data and customer interaction trends
- Own and manage the product backlog, balancing dependencies across multiple platforms
- Partner effectively with design and engineering to drive feature delivery for customer and agent products, balancing customer needs with business priorities and ensuring high reliability
- Ensure effective communication and messaging of product enhancements to drive adoption and engagement
What we are looking for:
- Experience in the end-to-end product management
- Demonstrated track record of driving each step in product development: research, initial concept, requirements gathering, development/deployment planning, implementation, launch, testing, analysis, and iteration.
- Ability to work effectively with engineering to set realistic goals and stay on track.
- Technical interest and ability to evaluate the technological strengths and weakness of product solutions
- Strong written and oral communication and team management skills, the ability to simplify complex topics, and comfort presenting at all levels of the organization, from exec on down
- Background in real estate, business operations, or related engineering/operations fields
- Familiarity with agile methodologies
Bonus if you have:
- Experience or demonstrated interest in developing products for field operations such as scheduling, routing, internal tools, and other products at the intersection of user experience & operations
- Familiarity with the agile scrum process
- Interest or experience in the real estate industry