Marketing - Toronto
What do some of the best taglines, blogs, digital ads, direct mail, and billboards have in common?
Captivating copy—powerful words that generate a consumer’s interest, and help them remember a brand in the buying or selling moment.
One of our ambitions at Properly is speaking to our audiences personably, and powerfully. That’s where our future Copywriter comes in: you’ll work closely with cross-functional teams to produce world-class marketing content that helps in driving brand awareness and growth for our brand.
At Properly, we are on a mission to make real estate customer-centric. We envision a future in which real estate transactions involve dramatically less friction and surprising simplicity and where Properly is the first choice of all Canadians throughout the entire experience of buying, selling and owning a home. Check out our CEO’s note (https://bit.ly/Properlynorms) on the culture we are trying to craft at Properly. Properly is headquartered in Toronto. We have a foundation of experienced operators on our team (Uber, Wealthsimple, Bench, Tophat, Wave, Shopify, Zillow, Blackberry, Bain).
We have raised $192 million in funding from investors like Bain Capital Ventures, Intact Ventures, FJ Labs, Prudence, Golden Ventures, AlleyCorp (Kevin Ryan), Parker89, Max Ventures, Interplay, Industry Ventures, Silicon Valley Bank and many prominent angel investors including Mike Katchen (co-founder and CEO of Wealthsimple), Spencer Rascoff (co-founder and former CEO of Zillow), and Eric Wu (co-founder and CEO of Opendoor).
Recently, Drew & Jonathan Scott, as seen on the Property Brothers, have also joined Properly as both partners and investors. (https://bit.ly/TheScottBrothers)
What you will do:
Reporting to and working collaboratively with the Senior Content Manager, Properly’s next Copywriter will be a strategic partner in translating our value proposition and educational content into engaging, trustworthy copy.
As a member of the Brand team, the Copywriter will also work closely with the entire marketing team to ensure cohesive messaging and visuals across all of our channels. You’ll be integral in shaping the Properly brand personality and tone through the copy development across multi-channel marketing campaigns.
Working in close partnership with Marketing (Brand Marketing, Communications and Data PR, Growth) and greater cross-functional teams (Product, Revenue Operations), the Copywriter will be responsible for:
- Ideating, writing, and editing compelling copy for our owned and operated channels including: our blog, Google ads, social media captions, landing pages, direct mail, TV and Radio ads, and more
- Continually refining and codifying our brand’s tone of voice and style guide
- Supporting our Brand Manager, Senior Designer, Growth, and SEO stakeholders with copy to inform the direction of customer-centric campaigns and strategies
- Presenting your work and ideas with conviction to key stakeholders
- Being Properly’s copy ‘source of truth’ when consulting multiple teams on our brand’s tone, voice, and style
What we’re looking for:
- 2-5 years experience in copywriting, with a proven track record of refining and championing tone of voice. Please share a portfolio to showcase your prior work
- Incredible writing and creative problem-solving skills, and the ability to articulate complex concepts or ideas in a few words
- A collaborative spirit: An openness to feedback and drive towards constant improvement is integral in this role, as you’ll be partnering deeply with colleagues on and outside the marketing team, serving as a thought partner and brand steward
- Customer-centric thinking which ensures that all copywriting is rooted in solving customer challenges, and accurately reflects and relates to Canadian homeowners
- Strong communication skills: the ability to clearly articulate the brand vision and gain alignment across key stakeholders
If some of the above doesn’t line up perfectly with your experiences, however this role really speaks to you and you feel like you strongly demonstrate our cultural norms, we want to hear from you and encourage you to apply!
At Properly, you'll have:
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Unlimited vacation days and a flexible work day; we care about outcomes over schedule
- Team events and social activities
- Top of market maternal and paternal leave
- Attractive healthcare benefits for you and your family starting day one
- $1000 Personal development budget; we support our team members' growth
- $850 WFH stipend to help you create a comfortable home-office environment
- Employee discount on Properly’s services
Properly respectfully acknowledges that our Toronto and Vancouver offices are located on the traditional land of many First Nations.
Our Toronto office is located on the traditional land of the Haudenosaunee, the Anishnabeg, the Chippewa, and the Wendat peoples, and the Treaty Lands and Territory of the Mississaugas of the Credit Nation.
Our Vancouver office is located on the traditional, unceded territory of the Musqueam, the Squamish, and the Tsleil-Waututh Nations.
If we can offer any accommodations to help you present your best self, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or inquire about accommodations if you're invited to an interview.
We are a company that values and celebrates diverse experiences and perspectives because they make our team more successful. We're committed to creating an inclusive environment where everybody can thrive and do their best work. We strongly encourage applicants of any race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation or any other status. All applications will be considered based on qualifications.