Product Lead, Growth
Product - Toronto or Remote
Properly is looking for a Product Lead to join the Growth team at Properly. As a Product Lead, you will work with multidisciplinary, cross-organizational teams to grow and maintain our acquisition/conversion-focused products and capabilities. Your mission will be to expand the network of people who use Properly to start and execute their journey towards getting the home of their dreams. As a Product Lead at Properly you will also serve as a product leader within our Product organization, and lead a team responsible for innovating, defining and delivering our growth, acquisition, and conversion capabilities. You will own the strategy, roadmap, and execution of key growth initiatives. Your initiatives should range from big bets that impact Properly growth trajectory to quick wins that continuously remove friction for our users and customers. This is a highly cross-functional role and you’ll collaborate closely with your counterparts in Design and Engineering, as well as with Marketing, Operations, and Sales.
At Properly, we are on a mission to make real estate customer-centric. We envision a future in which real estate transactions involve dramatically less friction and surprising simplicity and where Properly is the first choice of all Canadians throughout the entire experience of buying, selling and owning a home. Check out our CEO’s note (https://bit.ly/Properlynorms) on the culture we are trying to craft at Properly. Properly is headquartered in Toronto. We have a foundation of experienced operators on our team (Uber, Wealthsimple, Bench, Tophat, Wave, Shopify, Zillow, Blackberry, Bain).
We have raised $192 million in funding from investors like Bain Capital Ventures, Intact Ventures, FJ Labs, Prudence, Golden Ventures, AlleyCorp (Kevin Ryan), Parker89, Max Ventures, Interplay, Industry Ventures, Silicon Valley Bank and many prominent angel investors including Mike Katchen (co-founder and CEO of Wealthsimple), Spencer Rascoff (co-founder and former CEO of Zillow), and Eric Wu (co-founder and CEO of Opendoor).
Recently, Drew & Jonathan Scott, as seen on the Property Brothers, have also joined Properly as both partners and investors. (https://bit.ly/TheScottBrothers)
What you will do:
- Define our Growth product vision, strategy, and playbook, achieving best-in-class success and business results
- Create an environment that fosters rapid, metrics-driven experimentation, evangelizes learnings, and delivers meaningful improvements to our distribution, UX, and business outcomes
- Identify product-led growth levers to extend Properly to millions of more users
- Drive & refine the go-to-market strategy for Properly’s product led growth go-to-market motion in alignment with broader company goals over a 2-3 year time horizon
- Develop and evangelize a deep understanding of our growth story and our users: where growth is coming from, what is going well, and what isn't
- Partner with the business leadership team and finance to forecast, track performance, share results as part of our core business operating cadences (MBR, QBR, & beyond)
- Build and grow impeccable cross functional relationships with leaders across product, marketing, sales, and the broader organization to co-create and manage the product led growth strategy
- Collaborate closely with Design and Engineering, planning and executing the sprint processes
- Analyze user data, collect customer feedback, and gather business needs from stakeholders to develop product requirements
What we are looking for:
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for building a practice of experimentation to achieve growth in all its forms
- Significant experience in a mix of growth and product management with hands-on experience in executing a product roadmap for consumer products
- Strong consumer instincts and user experience intuitions; ability to discern seamless UX from poor UX and to empathize with users. You’re able to advocate for the consumer and think like a marketer
- Excellent analytical skills and an aptitude for data-driven decisions. You can combine critical thinking with data and sound qualitative judgment to guide the team to the right conclusions and decisions
- A track record of operational execution and ability to troubleshoot with agility as challenges arise and fix root causes
- A track record of partnering with cross-functional leadership to shape the growth strategy
- High customer empathy, and value qualitative research and robust data sets
- Self-motivated, independent, and proactive; demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities; can quickly (real-time) triage, prioritize, and lead high velocity cross-functional teams
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities, written and verbal
- Innate drive to improve how things work, ability to drive improvements for team quality, performance, agility, or efficiency
- Proficient in SQL, A/B testing & Amplitude
- Experience with analytics software such as Looker would be a plus
If some of the above doesn’t line up perfectly with your experiences, however this role really speaks to you and you feel like you strongly demonstrate our cultural norms, we want to hear from you and encourage you to apply!
At Properly, you'll have:
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Unlimited vacation days and a flexible work day; we care about outcomes over schedule
- Team events and social activities
- Top of market maternal and paternal leave
- Attractive healthcare benefits for you and your family starting day one
- $1000 Personal development budget; we support our team members' growth
- $850 WFH stipend to help you create a comfortable home-office environment
- Employee discount on Properly’s services
Properly respectfully acknowledges that our Toronto and Vancouver offices are located on the traditional land of many First Nations.
Our Toronto office is located on the traditional land of the Haudenosaunee, the Anishnabeg, the Chippewa, and the Wendat peoples, and the Treaty Lands and Territory of the Mississaugas of the Credit Nation.
Our Vancouver office is located on the traditional, unceded territory of the Musqueam, the Squamish, and the Tsleil-Waututh Nations.
If we can offer any accommodations to help you present your best self, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or inquire about accommodations if you're invited to an interview.
We are a company that values and celebrates diverse experiences and perspectives because they make our team more successful. We're committed to creating an inclusive environment where everybody can thrive and do their best work. We strongly encourage applicants of any race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation or any other status. All applications will be considered based on qualifications.