Last updated August 3rd, 2022
We ask for no more of your PII than necessary.
On our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, personal information, information about your home, your personal preferences, or other details to personalize your experience. If you edit, add, or delete your PII, we may maintain a copy of the original information in our records as required by applicable law.
We collect information from you when you create an account, request information, request services, sign up for announcements or news from us, make a purchase, respond to our communications, perform live chat, fill out a form, or enter your PII on our site.
We collect information from you when you register on our site, fill out a form, Use Live Chat or enter information on our site.
We limit the use of your PII.
We use the information we collect from you in order to personalize your experience or communicate with you, such as in the following ways.
- Registration and Use: when you create an account or register with Properly, we will ask you for PII, such as your address, email, name, and/or phone number, as applicable. To create and manage your account, we may send you an email or SMS text message to verify your email address or phone number. When using our site, you may be prompted to input PII in order for us to complete your request. If you choose to register or sign into our site using Google Sign-In (also known as Single Sign-On for Google accounts) or Apple Sign-In (also known as Single Sign-On for Apple accounts), Properly will automatically access, store, and use your Google or Apple account email address, first name, last name, and other data in the same manner as if you had created an your Properly account using an email and password. In order to operate our site, products, and services, we may use your personal information in accordance with our Terms of Service.
- Service Communications: to communicate with you about the administration of our services, we will contact you by phone, email, SMS text messages or, if applicable, in person. Our services include home tours, information sessions, home visits, inspections, home repairs, financing and mortgages, staging, photography, classes, the buying and selling of property, sending gifts, any other in-person or online meeting needed to facilitate these activities, or communicating with third parties about the administration of your activities with your consent. If you are transacting with or through Properly, we may ask for details required to complete payments. At any time, you may unsubscribe from any of our service communications using the unsubscribe instructions contained in our email or SMS communications, or by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Call Recordings: we may record telephone or video calls between you and our agents, or any other call with your consent, for training and quality assurance purposes.
- Surveys: we may contact you to participate in surveys designed to help us improve our products and services.
- Service Updates: we may use your PII to contact you in order to identify and repair errors that may have impeded intended functionality, or to undertake activities to measure, maintain, or improve our service levels on our site, services, and products.
- Referrals: if you participate in our referral programs, we collect the email address or phone number, as applicable, of the individual(s) who you wish to refer to Properly. We use this information to send the recipient communications containing information about the referral program. We do not use the email addresses you submit for any other purpose, without the consent of the email recipient to do so. Please only submit email addresses or phone numbers of individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship and who would want to receive referral communications from Properly.
- Marketing Communications and Promotions: we may send you email, SMS text messages, and other communications about Properly products, services, news, or events that may be of interest to you. You can opt-out of receiving marketing and promotional emails or SMS text messages from us using the unsubscribe instructions contained in each of our email or SMS text message communications, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Employment: we may send email, phone, or SMS text messages in order to communicate with you about employment opportunities at Properly that may be of interest to you.
- Meeting our Legal Requirements: we may use your PII in order to meet legal and regulatory requirements.
- Other: from time to time, we may seek your consent to use your PII for other purposes.
We take steps to protect your information.
As with any service provided over the internet, we cannot guarantee that your PII or other information will be completely safeguarded from unauthorized access.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information. We use regular Malware Scanning.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
- Understand and save user's preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser's Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If users disable cookies in their browser:
If you turn cookies off, Some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly. Some of the features that make your site experience more efficient and may not function properly.
We don’t sell your PII.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your PII unless in connection with the administration of our products or services with your consent. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it's release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
We may serve up third party links.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
We make use of Google services.
Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by Google's Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
We agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
Can change your personal information:
- By emailing us
- By calling us
- By chatting with us or by sending us a support ticket
We allow third-party behavioral tracking.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email within 7 business days
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL)
CASL is a series of laws that governs the rules for commercial emails and messages. To respect your privacy and our obligations under CASL, we agree to the following:
- To not use false or misleading subjects, email addresses, or phone numbers.
- To identify a message that is an advertisement as an advertisement in a reasonable way.
- To include the physical address of our business or site headquarters in our emails.
- To monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if we use one.
- To honour opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- To allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email or following the instructions in each communication.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at email@example.com or follow instructions in each communication we send.
Properly Inc. c/o Privacy Officer
200 - 60 Atlantic Avenue,
Canada M6K 1X9
Properly Brokerage c/o Privacy Officer
200 - 60 Atlantic Avenue,
Canada M6K 1X9